Sam Rao Yoga is affiliated with The Yoga Alliance, offering a high standard of training and qualifications that are transferable throughout Western Europe, North America, Canada and Australia. Our rolling programme means you can join our school at any time, and each day you attend is counted towards your final qualification.
The Yoga Alliance levels we teach are:
Registered Yoga Teacher 200 Hour (RYT 200)
(10 week-ends over a minimum of 10 months and a maximum of 18 months)
Recognised throughout the international yoga community as the minimum standard of teaching qualification. It gives the students a comprehensive foundation on the principals of yoga, allowing you to teach safely with mixed-abilities yoga. In this course, you will learn how to teach over 30 yoga postures and 4 different types of pranayama (breathing techniques).
As a Trainer Plus accredited course, we are producing very high quality yoga teachers by focusing the course on teaching. This is an exclusive membership with Yoga Allaince Professionals as it adheres to very high standards and requirements. All students joining this course must have strong self practice ( 5/6 days a week ) and be willing to work very hard on the course
- At least 20% of this course is dedicated to TEACHING time.
- We offer trainees the opportunity for ongoing teaching practice by assisting in public classes
- The SYT, Sam Rao teaches a minimum of 70% of the course
- Students must have a minimum of 2 years consistant self-practice ( 5-6 days per week) before joining the course and must be proficient in all asanas to be used in the course
- There will be an assessment day to interview students and determine weather you are ready for the course
- We will be offering post-course mentoring and further training to our graduates