You‘ll learn through expanding your personal practice and your relationship with yoga. Sam and his associate teachers will help develop your skills to teach yoga with confidence.
- Yoga postures (asanas), yoga philosophy, the principals on which yoga is based, Patanjaliʼs yoga sutras and the 8 limbs of yoga.
- Pranayama/Meditation. Breathing techniques, its uses and benefits. Developing personal meditation, and learning to guide others.
- Anatomy and Physiology in its scientific form and what is relevant to our modern day life-styles. Plus energy systems – chakras, nadis, meridians and how to use Hatha yoga for better health.
- Yoga styles. You will learn some of the main styles of yoga, from various visiting teachers, although we will stay focused on Hatha Yoga.
- Teaching practice. By teaching yoga postures from the first day of your training. You will build up, over the course, your confidence and your own teaching style through observations, assisting in classes and Samʼs teaching guidance.
- Special Module. Teaching yoga to men. Postures, Physiology and understanding the need to use facts and statistics to teach men.
- Business How to run a yoga business, professional standards, insurance, simple book-keeping and managing your accounts. Simple and practical.
RYT 200 = 200 hours of school study, plus 30 hours of home assignments.
Our training school has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance UK, demonstrating that our courses are of the highest standard and that our graduates may use the title 'registered yoga teacher' RYT as a sign of quality training when they register themselves with Yoga Alliance UK.
Sam Rao, director of teaching, is a Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT) and teaches over 70% of the course.